Friday, August 22, 2008

Quick Update

I have been quite busy the last few weeks preparing for the World Championships and traveling which has also meant limited internet access. Here is quick update to let you know what I have been up to and what I will be doing over the next few days.

World Championships Gijon, Spain
Last Friday I arrived in Gijon to start preparing for the World Championships. I drove from Switzerland with Scott Arlidge and Reyon Kay in the Zepto team van (well actually Scott and Reyon drove and I slept). The rest of the New Zealand team arrived yesterday after an epic 40 hour journey from NZ to Gijon.

Jaw
Last Wednesday I had my last appointment at Luzern Hospital regarding my jaw which I broke on the 4th of May. I had a final x-ray and there was no sign of the fracture, it is now fully healed. The doctor suggested I get another x-ray taken in a year just to make sure everything is fine.

WIC X Race Berlin
Tomorrow morning I fly to Berlin for a class one World Inline Cup race. I will meet the rest of the Bont Wheels Team in Berlin as they are currently racing in Padova, Italy. The race is on Sunday around midday. On Monday I will fly back to Gijon and continue to prepare for the World Championships which start on the 4th September.

Sports Unleashed
I am featured in this months issue of Sport Unleashed (NZ sporting Magazine). Unfortunately you can not view it online but I will be sure to scan it when my copy arrives in the post.

Latitude Magazine
Next month I will be in Latitude Magazine. Latitude is a Canterbury lifestyle magazine and it will be quite a big feature.

No comments: