Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bike Races

Tonight the local bike race out at St Andrews was a graded scratch race rather than the usual handicap races held every Thursday night. It was a 17km flat race out and back with 3 different grades, A, B and C. I raced in A Grade and even though quiet a few attacks were made it came down to a sprint finish. I ended up 4th which was a good result in the sprint against the guys.

This Sunday round 2 of the Benchmark Homes Tour will be held in Timaru. Some of New Zealand's top cyclists will be competing with their teams in this event. I will be racing for a local Timaru team, it will give me a good chance to see where I'm at against some of the top women. The race is 4 laps of a tough 33km circuit around rolling country roads. Here is a nice quote I found on a message board "The local riders predict the nature of the course will see little or no intact peloton by race end".

No comments: