Saturday, May 30, 2009

My skates are back on my feet.

It's nearly four weeks since my crash in Heerde and this morning I went for my third skate since the accident. On Wednesday night I went for my first skate to see if it was actually possible to skate slowly without any pain. I was able to skate as long as I didn't put a lot of power down when I pushed or let my left foot fall on deep outside edges. On Thursday I went for another skate and just done a slow 10km. This morning it was a bit better and I could actually cross around the corners easier than on Wednesday and Thursday night. I still can't skate at 100% but it's only early days. Each day the movement in my foot is improving and looking back four weeks ago I couldn't even stand on it and now I'm actually skating so it's a huge improvement.

No comments: