Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things are starting to look brighter.

Yesterday I went to St Gallen to see Dr Pierre Hofer who is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Switzerland and also involved in sports medicine. He gave me a new brace for my foot which hospitals don't stock. I have to wear the brace for 4 weeks and keep it on even when I sleep. With a bit of a stretch the brace can fit into shoes so now I can actually walk and exercise as long as I am in a controlled environment. I should be back on my skates training in about 4 weeks. He said I could try skate a little after three weeks but just basic skating and not on edges. I'm not sure when I will be able to race though because there is always a risk with the medication I am on for the thrombosis. You never know whats going to happen in the races and you can't control the environment so if I was to crash and cut myself I could loose a lot of blood very quickly.

Tomorrow I will have my blood checked and if it is ok I will be able to come off of the injections. I am getting those twice a day at the moment so I have little bruises all over my legs from where I have been injected.

Things are looking brighter though each day and this morning I was able to do some training on the stationary bike.

No comments: