Saturday, May 24, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past week has been pretty busy for the Bont Wheels Team and myself. We stayed the night in Holland after the World Inline Cup race last week and left Monday morning for our 8 hour journey back to Switzerland. Tuesday it was back into training and also still recovering from the hard race and travel.

Wednesday I had to wake up at 5.30 am as I had an early appointment at the hospital in Luzern. I had another check up and the doctor is happy with how my jaw is healing. The rubber bands will probably be on for another 3 weeks so I am half way there. Next week I have another check up and the week after that more x-rays will be taken.

Wednesday night there was racing at the Weinfelden bank track. I missed out on the racing last fortnight due to my jaw but this week I was back racing and won the points race and had the fastest flying lap time. Niki Neck has loaded videos onto Bont TV of the flying laps and the mens points race, the women should be up within the next few days.

Thursday for me was a recovery day. Because I am still unable to eat proper solid food I am finding it's taking me a lot longer to recover, I felt dead for most of the day.

This morning (Friday) the team went training and unfortunately Cecilia had a fall. She has taken a little bit of skin off but she should be fine for the race in Rennes. We also left for Rennes today after lunch. Seeing Rennes is about an 11 hour drive from Switzerland we decided to divide the journey. Today we drove 6 1/2 hours and we are staying the night at a hotel about 80km from Paris. Tomorrow morning we will have about 4 1/2 hours to go.

No comments: