Saturday, May 17, 2008

South Canterbury Sportsperson of the Year

I received a surprise phone call from OJ at port FM (Radio Station) last night to tell me I had won the South Canterbury sports person of the year award for the consecutive year. Unfortunately I was unable to be at the dinner last night to accept the award, but a recorded message was played. The South Canterbury region produces great athletes and some of the other nominees included an Olympic cyclist Marc Ryan and Junior NZ rally champion Hayden Paddon. It is an honor for my achievements to be recognized as minor sports often fly under the radar.

The Timaru Herald has an article online that you can read "Nicole skates home with award again".

There are a lot of people I want to thank and I will post about those people and their impact when I return from the WIC in Wolvega, Holland.

No comments: