Friday, May 9, 2008

My Spirit has Lifted

My spirit has lifted after I was finally able to get a decent nights sleep, eight hours of peace. My body was in desperate need of sleep because the first four nights after the race I averaged about three and a half hours sleep each night. The constant pain has now disappeared and I am off the dissolvable painkillers. So today I felt really good after a good nights sleep and no constant aching pain. Over the last couple of days I have been experimenting with new liquids and liquidized food because the menu was starting to get a bit boring. My body is adapting and I'm feeling quiet good under the circumstances.

I shouldn't lose any of my fitness, which is good because that was one of my initial concerns. I was able to skate alone yesterday at the track and again today. I've also cycled on the wind trainer which is set up in the garage. The hard thing at the moment is breathing when I'm exercising, I can't open my mouth so oxygen is limited. I learnt very quickly yesterday how to breath through my nose properly and not rely on my mouth. My left leg is still a little sore when I am skating but nothing like the pain I went through the first couple of days so it's bearable. My chin is also healing really well and not looking gruesome anymore. The stitches get taken out on Wednesday. Cecilia's knee is still sore as the stitches are right on the joint but they should be removed tomorrow.

This morning Alexandra and Tamara flew to Pamplona, Spain for the track racing this weekend. I was looking forward to racing in Pamplona on one of the fastest tracks in the World but am not able to race just yet. These things happen and I am just glad that it is not the World Champs or a WIC marathon on this weekend.

Here are a couple of nicer pictures than ones featured in previous posts of the Bont Wheels Team before the Sursee WIC last weekend.

The team plus the Kia outside our base in Weinfelden.


Pre-Race
Cecilia and myself are still intact.

No comments: