Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm Surviving

Tomorrow I head back to Luzern hospital for a check up and more x-rays. My mouth is just constantly aching and I found it quiet hard to sleep last night, but apart from that I am surviving. It's hard trying to maintain your weight and body nutrients when you are limited to drinking liquids through a straw. Yesterday I felt fatigued and basically like a zombie so first thing this morning I went to the chemist and brought protein drinks and baby formula high in carbohydrates to keep my body going. Today I managed to get down some extra runny mashed potato, apple puree and baby formula which is an improvement from yesterday when all I could manage was juice, soup and milk. Slurping runny food through a straw is nasty and tonight my mashed potato just tasted wrong.


Lunch - Apple Puree


Lethal cocktail to dull the pain.


You have to take the positives out of a situation like this and there are quiet a few positives.
1. It's a broken jaw not an ankle, leg or arm.
2. There is no WIC race next weekend.
3. It's not two weeks before the World Championships.
4. It can be fixed.
5. I still finished the race and salvaged points.
6. I can still sit down, not like Juan Felipe pictured below.


Ouch!

No comments: